Department Management of PESC College plans to meet the College’s mission of instilling into present and future-leaders knowledge of current and future management practices and relevant skills through student centered, high quality, viable programs which are fully recognized by both the private and public institutions in Ethiopia. The Department aims at producing all-rounded and flexible business managers with good understanding of the various business functions to discharge his/her knowledge logically and rationally for the success of business development. It also aims at enriching the competence and creativity of students in grappling with the complexities of modern business education. Moreover, the program will stimulate students’ intellectual curiosity and prepare them for advanced studies.
The major goals of the Department are
- Producing managers who are capable of planning, organizing, directing and controlling activities of private, public, non-government and government organizations.
- Producing executives who can competently manage the marketing, finance operations, human resource, materials and information resources of any form of undertaking.
- Developing leaders who are responsive and effective in working with and through others as well as capable of making and implementing business decisions.
- Generating managers that are capable of searching and developing opportunities as well as tackling problems
- Producing executives who are able to face the challenges of today’s and tomorrows highly complex and competitive environment.
- Offering short-term training programs for employees at different levels of managements, in order to enable them to know recent developments in the theories, techniques, and practice of management and the state of the art of management.
Providing management research and consultancy services to the business community.